If I gain 10 more pounds I will weigh what I did when I delivered James. I decided to join the HASAY Challenge. HASAY= Half as Small as You, is a support group for those who want to lose weight. The first step is to blog about the following:
- What motivates you? I’m desperate, something has to give, and it can’t be my snap on my jeans.
- What is your long-term goal? I love muffins, just not attached to me, and bulging over the tops of my jeans. I’m tired a lot, I wake up feeling just as tired as I was when I went to bed. I have trouble concentrating I’m so tired. My doctor said my body forgot to sleep after being pregnant, and being up all hours with an infant for 14 months. I want to feel better.
- What is your long-term weight loss goal? I’d love, love, love to lose 20 pounds. My goal weight is 130 pounds.
- What tools are available to you? I have a treadmill at home, and access to an awesome club. The treadmill has never gathered dust, but now that I’m in my, ahem 40s, what I’ve been doing isn’t enough.
- How often can you exercise? I’ve been working out once or twice a week for a while, but supposedly the only thing that is going to make me feel better is hitting it one hour every single day. Realistically, I think six days a week is the most I can do. I’m probably, very reluctantly, going to have to promise to work out firs, blog after…sigh
- What do you plan on doing? I have to lay of the pizza and the treats at work. I have a serious sugar problem- bye sugar…sniffle. I’m sure I’ll go through some nasty withdrawals, but I’ll live. The work outs can be the treadmill, and I’ve got to do weights at least twice a week, so that means making it in to the club.
- What has worked for you in the past? When I was…ahem…younger, I could lose 5 pounds during the day, just breathing. Now that I’ve had a baby, breathing seems to cause the opposite to happen.
I’m supposed to start checking in once a week, and blog about my successes and failures.
I’ve worked out twice, an hour each time so I’m off to an OK start. But, today I fell down the stairs and bruised most of myself, so I’m taking a break. I will be back on the treadmill tomorrow.
Wish me luck people!